The Sustainability Council gives Earth Capital (EC) leading thinking on international best practise in Sustainability
The Sustainability Council advises on:
- Sustainable Development Policy
- Sustainable Development Investment Guidelines
- Sustainable Development Due Diligence process
- Earth Dividend™ methodology, reporting and assurance processes and annual performance
The Council currently has six external members and formally meets two to three times a year. The Council's input brings leading external stakeholder perspectives to EC's approach on Sustainable Development and its annual review of the Sustainable Development impact of the Fund's investments, measured through the Earth Dividend™.
The Sustainability Council members were selected by EC based on the degree to which they:
- are globally respected, independent, challenging, pragmatic and constructive;
- are representative of EC stakeholder groups and / or expert in the main environmental and social issues that the Fund’s investments are expected to face;
- are capable of adding fresh ideas and suggestions to EC's thinking, investment strategy, management and reporting on sustainability; and
- have no significant personal or organisational contacts with EC so substantial as, in EC's view, to create dependence and so compromise the members' ability to express his or her honest opinion.